Commercial & Professional Lines Producer
Specialty: Insurance Claims and Coverage Litigation
I bring almost 20 years of complex litigation and transactional experience to Power Risk Managements Services and my legal expertise is an added value to his insurance clients. I have litigated cases throughout the state of Illinois and the United States and have appeared in court in proceedings in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, and New York.
I specialize in providing insurance solutions for property based clients and clients with specialty liability needs: employment practices liability, directors & officers, cyber and professional liability coverage.
I am a Yale University graduate and accomplished soccer player – traveling the country playing semi-professional soccer even as an attorney. I currently reside in Elmhurst, IL with my wife and two children.
Areas of Practice:
- Contract Litigation
- Insurance Claims and Coverage Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Sports Law & Soccer Intermediary (Agent)
- Yale University, Economics. Member of Varsity Soccer Team. All-Tournament Team – 1998 Yale/Fila Classic.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D. (Cum Laude). Honors: Dean’s Honor List Each Semester, Merit Scholarship Recipient, CALI Award Winner for Legal Writing, Trial Advocacy and Criminal Procedure
- Sports Management Worldwide, Soccer Agent/Intermediary Certificate. Training included FIFA and domestic agent regulations, transfer status of players, player assessment and recruitment, promotion, negotiation, off the field endorsements, sponsorships, ethics, post-career strategies. Mentored by FIFA Agents John Print and Sky Andrew.
- Sports Management Worldwide, Athlete Management Certificate. Training included player assessment, recruitment, marketing, off the field endorsements, legal and financial issues, regulations, negotiations, ethics, post-career strategies
Registration & Licenses:
- Registered Intermediary (Agent), U.S. Soccer
- Licensed Insurance Producer (Property & Casualty)
- Licensed Real Estate Agent/REALTOR®
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- North American Society for Sport Management
- American Bar Association (Committees on Entertainment and Sports Industry; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law; and Tort Trial and Insurance Practice)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Magazine’s “Outstanding Young Lawyers” (2013)
- Chicago Magazine’s “Outstanding Young Lawyers” (2010)
- Chicago Magazine’s “Rising Stars in Illinois” (2009)
- Chicago Magazine’s “Top Young Attorneys in Illinois” (2008)
- Captain – RWB Adria Soccer Club – National Amateur Champions (2011)
- Captain – Illinois State Select Soccer Team – National Champions (2007 & 2008)
- Member of 10 Illinois State Championship Club Soccer Teams
- Gutierrez v. Wemagine.ai LLP, 2022 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14831 (N.D. Ill. Jan. 26, 2022) (BIPA claim dismissed for lack of personal jurisdiction over Mag Mile Law client).
- Bradley Hotel Corp. v. Aspen Specialty Ins. Co., 2021 U.S. App. LEXIS 36398 (7th Cir. 2021) (Covid-19 insurance coverage dispute).
- Bradley Hotel Corp. v. Aspen Specialty Ins. Co., 508 F. Supp. 3d 249 (N.D. Ill. 2020) (Covid-19 insurance coverage dispute).
- Ammerman v. Raymond Corp., 379 Ill.App.3d 878 (1st Dist. 2008) (forum non conveniens dispute).
- Murphy v. Mancari’s Chrysler Plymouth, Inc., 381 Ill.App.3d 768 (1st Dist. 2008) (appellate court affirmed decision dismissing strict liability claim against client who did not manufacture product in question).
- Murphy v. Mancari’s Chrysler Plymouth, Inc., 408 Ill.App.3d 722 (1st Dist. 2011) (choice of law dispute).
- Am. Fam. Mut. Ins. Co. v. Mercedes-Benz USA LLC, 2013 IL App (4th) 120491-U (appellate court affirmed decision dismissing property damage claim against client for failure to follow local court rules).
News and Events:
- Flood and Earthquake Insurance Guide. Lowermybills.com, July 2022. Read the full article here.
- An HOA Master Insurance Policy Covers The Structures And Shared Spaces A Homeowners Asssociation Owns. Businessinsider.com, June 2022. Read the full article here.
- Loss Of Use Insurance Coverage Reimburses You For Increased Living Expenses If Your Home Becomes Inhabitable. Businessinsider.com, May 2022. Read the full article here.
- How To Make A Cash Offer On A House – Even When You Don’t Have Cash. Home.com, May 2022. Read the full article here.
- Iveljic Signs On To Represent Professional Soccer Player Nicky Downs As Soccer Agent. Read about it here.
- Don’t Forget About Those Real Estate Transfer Taxes. PressReader.com, February 2022. Read the full article here.
- What Does General Liability Insurance Cover for Small Businesses? Assured Standard, February 2022. Read the full article here.
- When Do You Need To Hire A Litigation Attorney? DocPro, January 2022. Read the full article here.
- Oral Contracts: Do They Carry Any Weight? Legal Zoom, December 2021. Read the full article here.
- Illinois Hotel Asks 7th Circuit to Save Pandemic Coverage Suit. Law360, March 2021. Read the full article here.
- Will a COVID-19 Liability Waiver Hold Up In Court? Legal Zoom, August 2020. Read the full article here.
- What Exactly Can Be Taken From You In A Lawsuit. Forbes, July 2020. Read the full article here.
- Guest Speaker, Asset Protection & Illinois Litigation, Chicago Real Estate Investor’s Association 3-Day Conference, February 21-23, 2020
- Guest Speaker, Asset Protection & Illinois Litigation, Chicago Real Estate Investor’s Association 3-Day Conference, October 4-6, 2019